0

Chicago, my kinda town!

Posted by Alex W.C. on 6:28 PM
I have a special place in my heart for Chicago, it was my 2nd home during my undergrad. I attended Columbia College and lived in the south loop for 2 years, and in Ravenswood for about 6 months. So here I was, in Chicago for my 7th stop on the tour. It was nice because I was staying with my little sister (who’s not so little, as she will be 30 soon. LOL, had to give her grief) and her fiancĂ©e, and NOT a hotel. (Which meant I got to do laundry, yay!) Plus, I got some time post game to rest and hang out with friends and family. But enough about that, let’s talk game.

This blog entry will be a little light – as there will be no video to post. Yeah, I know, I was planning on chatting with Fowles, Dupree and Price. But post game, it was just not the best environment in which to talk to the players. A loss is a loss, but a loss by 29 points can be a bit devastating. Indiana was coming off of their 8 game (now 9) winning streak, as they proved to be a bit much for the Sky. I really didn’t want to press the players post game, so, I skipped the video. I did get a chance to chat with Armintie Price; she was a hoot. Had to tell her how much she makes me laugh, especially when the teams up with her buddy Fowles. Check out each of them on this Chicago Sky blooper reel from last season.



Here is a pic of me courtside, and to the right is my soon to be brother-in-law Matt. (I think this was pre-game, as per the lack of excitement on my face) This was his very first WNBA game, and he seemed quite impressed. Well, Chicago was struggling, but every time Indiana put up a shot, he kept saying, “They don’t miss, do they?” Needless to say he and my sister enjoyed themselves.


One interesting thing the Sky do during player intros, is they have members of a marching band (mostly percussion) come out and play. Kind of felt a little like a football game, but it did add a rather unique feel.

Ahh, a 3 day break was good. Now off to the twin cities to catch a Lynx game!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Thoughts from @TheWguy All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.