1

Catching WNBA action in the twin cities!

Posted by Alex W.C. on 6:34 PM
Stop #8 takes me to the twin cities in Minnesota, home to Prince, the Timberwolves and of course, the Minnesota Lynx! The flight in was rather uneventful, although, for the first time on this journey, I did get my bag searched at security. (I guess my powdered coffee creamer looked dangerous!) I checked in early on line and I was still in boarding group B. (for Southwest) I grabbed the first isle seat, only to look across from me and see that I could have gotten a window seat with an empty middle. Oh well.

I was excited for my visit to Minnesota, as Candice Wiggins was one of the first WNBA players to follow me on twitter. I was able to catch her pre game and talk to her about the upcoming season and her new teammate and rookie Renee Montgomery.



I also sat down and had a slightly longer chat with rookie, Renee Montgomery, who told me about meeting Beyonce, the Mall of America, and overall rookie life.



I also got an interview with Kelly Miller. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn the microphone on, so, there was no audio. (Curse you, technical difficulty gods! Hey, at least the camera was recording this time. LOL!) But here is what I learned about her: Kelly is the older sister, by a whopping 4 minutes – so that makes Coco the younger sibling. Her parents get to come to the games more now, because MN is her home state, she does not talk much basketball with her sister post game, rather just enjoys her company, and her parents do not choose sides when the Miller sisters play against each other. (Miller did say she has more fun when she is playing with her sister as opposed to against).

As for the game, the Lynx took on the Dream, and struggled with their shooting percentage, while the Dream were able to sink shots left and right. After having been to Atlanta to see the Dream get defeated by the Lynx; it was like watching two different teams. A few times the Lynx came very close, but didn't close the deal, and weren't able to get the win. It was a great game though. I had a chance to sit with the NBA TV commentators, too cool!!



Now, off to Catch Catch and the Fever in Indiana!

1 Comments


Nice to have met you, Alex! Hope you enjoyed your stay in Minneapolis.

Copyright © 2009 Thoughts from @TheWguy All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.